We’ve all watched home shows on HGTV and the DIY Network, so we know the importance of making our home look its best if we are planning on selling. Working with a home stager can help you make the best decisions. Here’s how it works:
- We come to your house for an initial meeting. We’ll view your house and discuss your needs. We often will draw sketches and take measurements. This first meeting my take 30 to 60 minutes.
- Next your home stager will start to create concepts for the new design. We’ll make lists of what needs to stay, what needs to go and what needs to be placed somewhere else in the home. This is non-billed work.
- Next we come back to your house and offer our suggestions. At that point you have two options:
- We can prepare a list of the work that needs to be done and you can do the work yourself
- We can do the work for you, everything from furniture moving to boxing and storing items and furniture
This process can take one hour or more, depending on the amount of work needed. We’ll give you an estimate of the time in advance so you will know the cost of our services before they are performed.
According to a 2007 HomeGain survey of 2000 Real Estate Agents nationwide, Cleaning and De-Cluttering had one of the highest returns on investment in terms of selling price.