Increased home value. U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged home will sell, on average, 17% higher than an un-staged home.
Your home will sell faster if staged. The New York Village Voice reported that the average number of days an un-staged home is on the market is 30.9 versus 13.9 for a staged home.
You will see a return on your investment. In a 2007 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 Realtors, it was discovered that sellers who spent typically $500 on staging services for their home recovered over 343% of the cost in the sale of their home.
It’s difficult to see your own home objectively. If you can’t see objectively, you can’t package effectively. Have a staging professional get your home into its most advantageous condition for showing.
You can take the guess work out of “what DIY project should I try.” A home stager can fully manage and oversee projects that need to be completed to make your house ready to sell, or they can create a ‘punch list’ for the home owner to follow themselves. It all depends on the amount of time the home owner can put into the tasks.
Most home buyers can not imagine what a home can look like on their own. It is said that only 10% of home buyers can imagine what a home can look like. That leaves 90% of home buyers who will only take into consideration what the home looks like at the time of showing.
Homes that stay on the market too long can be ‘stigmatized.’ Stage first and don’t take that risk: According to a National Association of Realtors survey, homes that sold after four weeks on the market sold for 6% less than ones within the first four weeks! Time is money and the faster your house sells, the more gain you will see.
Better photos bring in more buyers. Since more than 85% of buyers shop online, if possible make sure that you house looks its best before photos are taken for marketing purposes.
Have the competitive edge in the real estate market. Right now there are more homes on the market than in past years. Home buyers have choices and will usually choose the most attractive home. Staging can make your home reach the top of the list for home buyers.
You can relax: Know that you have done your best to prepare your house for this new real estate market.